All powder coatings comply with the following specifications:
- Color Uniformity: Coatings shall be visibly free of blisters or other surface imperfections in the dry film state on exposed surfaces. Color uniformity shall be consistent with the color range as established between the approval source and the applicator by reference samples. Inspection is visually done at a distance of 3m indoors and/or 5m outdoors.
- Specular Gloss: Gloss values shall be accordance to the manufacturer’s specification and is measured in accordance to EN ISO 2813 using a 60o gloss meter.
- Coating Thickness: Minimum thickness shall be 60 µm in accordance with EN ISO 2360.
- Cross Cut Adhesion: Cross cut shall be GT0 [100% adhesion] in accordance EN ISO 2409.
- Cupping Deformation: Indentation depth shall be in access of 5mm without film cracking in accordance with EN ISO 1520.
- Bending Elasticity [Cylindrical]: Coating shall pass the 5 mm mandrel diameter in accordance with EN ISO 1519.
- Impact Resistance: Coating shall pass the 2.5 Nm without film cracking in accordance with EN ISO 6272 and ASTM D 2794.
- Dry Film Hardness: Indentation resistance should be > 80 in accordance with EN ISO 2815.
- Salt Spray Resistance shall be 2000 hours according to ASTM B 117.